VICE PRESIDENT AND CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Edwin A. Dennis has been with Deseret Trust since 2010. Prior to joining Deseret Trust Company, he worked in other Church-affiliated organizations since 1985, including Ensign Peak Advisors, the Finance Department, and the Materials Management Department. He has served as division controller, finance manager, and department controller during his tenure with the Church. Prior to working for the Church he worked in public accounting and private industry for 10 years.
His main responsibilities include:
- Overseeing and supervising all accounting and reporting functions.
- Financial reporting to donors, management, audit committee, and the board.
- Tracking and reporting common trust funds.
- Monitoring and reviewing all controls, risk management, performance, and reconciliations.
- Administering trust and investment systems.
- Affiliate reporting and tracking of beneficial obligations.
- Coordinating all auditing functions with the Church Audit Department, outside auditors, and financial regulators.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (Accounting)—Brigham Young University
- Master of Accountancy—Brigham Young University
- Licensed CPA—State of Utah
- Past Board Chairman and Board Member—Deseret First Credit Union
- Past President—LDS Finance and Accounting Society
- Member of the AICPA, UACPA and FIRMA