CHAIRMAN AND PRESIDENT/CEO
John M. Barger joined Deseret Trust Company in 2013. He previously worked for brokerage and bank-affiliated trust companies and investment management firms in Montana and Utah, serving as senior trust administrator, senior trust officer, and senior vice president.
His main responsibilities include:
- Serving as the chairman of the board of trustees.
- Developing and stating long-range company objectives.
- Monitoring the financial health of the company.
- Recruiting and motivating qualified staff.
- Overseeing the annual operating budget and capital expenditures.
- Overseeing trust and custody accounts.
- Serving as a liaison to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts (Literature in English)—Excelsior College
- Master of Education—Montana State University
- Graduate of Cannon Personal Trust School
- Certified Trust and Financial Adviser—Institute of Certified Bankers
- Certified Specialist in Planned Giving—American Institute of Philanthropic Studies
- Past member of the Utah Planned Giving Roundtable Board of Directors