VICE PRESIDENT AND SENIOR TRUST OFFICER
M. Wesley Mashburn joined Deseret Trust Company in 2020. Prior to joining Deseret Trust Company he worked for the United States Senate, the Nevada Supreme Court, a law firm, and, for 19 years, the Philanthropies Department of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as a director, senior manager, and charitable gift planning specialist.
His main responsibilities include:
- Supervising trust administration.
- Coordinating business development efforts.
- Serving as the Assistant Secretary for the Board of Trustees.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science)—Brigham Young University (Summa Cum Laude)
- Juris Doctorate —J. Reuben Clark Law School (Executive Editor, Journal of Public Law)
- Honors Graduate of Cannon Trust School —CTFA (Certified Trust and Fiduciary Advisor)
- Certified Specialist in Planned Giving (CSPG)
- Member of the Nonprofit and Estate Planning sections of the Utah State Bar, the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners, the Purposeful Planning Institute, the International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy, the Utah Planned Giving Roundtable, and the Utah Valley and Salt Lake estate planning councils
- Guest lecturer at Brigham Young University in prelaw and nonprofit management classes