VICE PRESIDENT AND CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Matthew S Lawrence has been with Deseret Trust since 2019. Prior to joining Deseret Trust Company, he worked in other Church-affiliated organizations since 2007, including Ensign Peak Advisors and the Church Auditing Department. Prior to working for the Church he worked in public accounting for 6 years.
His main responsibilities include:
- Overseeing and supervising all accounting and reporting functions.
- Financial reporting to donors, management, audit committee, and the board.
- Tracking and reporting common trust funds.
- Monitoring and reviewing all controls, risk management, performance, and reconciliations.
- Administering trust and investment systems.
- Affiliate reporting and tracking of beneficial obligations.
- Coordinating all auditing functions with the Church Audit Department, outside auditors, and financial regulators.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts (Accounting) – Weber State University
- Masters of Accountancy and Information Systems – Arizona State University
- Licensed CPA – State of Utah
- Member of the AICPA